Sleep apnea is a serious health situation in which one finds it increasingly difficult to breathe while sleeping. Some people have it, but they have not given it the desired attention. Left untreated, sleep apnea can degenerate into other health problems such as diabetes, memory loss, depression, headaches, heart failure, stroke, and high blood pressure. If you have sleep apnea, you need to contact a physician and read the following truths about owning a life insurance policy that provides cover for the sleep disorder.
- You are likely to get life insurance coverage if your sleep apnea is not that severe.
- You will be required to do a medical exam before you can get coverage.
- Typical medical questions life insurance underwriter will ask you include, how long you sleep, your current symptoms, the date you were diagnosed, your current medication, your family history, and whether you smoke tobacco or drink alcohol.
- Based on the medical exam and the medical questions, the more severe your sleep apnea is, the more premium you will pay to get life insurance coverage.
- It may take about 6 months before your insurer will give assent to your application.
- You can opt for a no-medical-exam plan if you want to expedite the underwriting process, but this will cost you more.
- Every life insurance company has different quotes for providing life insurance for individuals with sleep apnea.
- An independent life insurance agent is the best professional that can help you to get the best life insurance with sleep apnea in the marketplace