Ulcers are widespread health problems all around the world. And there are several causes for ulcers. It may due to regular use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), smoking, drinking too much alcohol, or bacteria. Whether you have a duodenal ulcer or peptic ulcer, rest assured that life insurance companies would consider the risks – even though ulcers are considered low risks– when you are applying for life insurance with ulcers. And that’s why you need to know the truths about life insurance with ulcers.
- You have nothing to worry about if you have ulcers. This is because most, if not all, life insurance service providers will provide you coverage.
- It is not uncommon for life insurance companies to have different rates for providing life insurance with ulcers.
- If you cannot afford the no-medical-exam insurance policy which is incredibly expensive, life insurance underwriters would want you to do a medical exam and answer some medical questions.
- Typical questions you will be asked encompasses your date of diagnosis, whether you have gastrointestinal bleeding, whether your ulcer is healing or not, your current symptoms of the ulcer, your current medication, and your medical history.
- Life insurance companies have more than 10 different rate classes and the level of the severity of your ulcer will determine the cost of your life insurance policy.
- Different life insurance companies have the different quotes for providing life insurance for people with ulcers.
- By hiring and working directly with an independent life insurance agent, you would be in a better position to get the best and the cheapest life insurance policy in the market.
- Never lie to life insurance companies about your health status. The consequences are dire. You will not get the agreed benefits and you may lose your coverage altogether.