Having emphysema is not a death sentence which you should be very scared of. Unlike before, today there are lots of emphysema treatment options which you can rely on to reduce the symptoms of emphysema such as wheezing, shortness of breath or frequent respiratory infections. These treatments include pulmonary rehabilitation, physical exercise, and bronchodilator. But the truth is that emphysema has a direct influence on your life insurance if you have this health condition. To understand what we mean, below are the truths about life insurance with emphysema.
- Most life insurance companies will not decline your application if you have emphysema.
- If your application is declined, you can apply for a no-medical exam plan to circumvent the process. However, the no-medical exam policy is more expensive than the traditional life insurance policies which require a medical exam.
- Before your application is approved, life insurance underwriters would want you to take a medical exam so that they can confirm your medical status.
- Life insurance companies will also want to know the date of your diagnosis, your current symptoms, your current medication, your smoking or drinking habits, your family history, and your overall health condition.
- Your response to the above questions, the type of insurance policy you want and the severity level of your emphysema will determine the cost of your life insurance with emphysema.
- All life insurance companies have different rates for providing coverage for people with emphysema.
- You are more likely to get the most affordable quotes if you use the service of an independent life insurance agent.
- You could lose your coverage and not get your death benefits if life insurance companies discovered that you lied to them during the underwriting process.